Why Go To A Dentist For Head Pain?
Chronic migraines, tension-type headaches, face, jaw and neck pain can be be interconnected. The cause can actually be unbalanced forces in your mouth. They affect the muscles in these areas, leading to changes in the chemical and nerve reactions that result in chronic pain. TruDenta is clinically proven to assess, evaluate, treat, and relieve head pain.
What Is TruDenta?
- TruDenta is a drug-free, needle-free and pain-free system to provide long-lasting pain relief.
- These life-changing, therapeutic treatments have been effective for patients suffering from the painful symptoms of chronic headaches, migraines, TMJ/TMD and many other painful conditions.
What Should I Expect During A TruDenta Exam?
- A computerized measurement of the force balance in your mouth on a tooth-by-tooth basis.
- A computerized measurement of the disability of your muscle movements.
- Mouth movement measurements.
- Panoramic and transcranial x-rays may be needed and/or MRI and Conebeam CT to determine the extent of joint damage.
Utilizing these easy and painless tests, your dentist can see the cause behind your headache symptoms. A comprehensive examination helps your dentist pinpoint related areas of mouth and muscle health, tooth-related issues and other potential problem areas that will be treated using TruDenta therapy.
TruDenta uses a combination of assessment technology and education that frequently leads to immediate symptom resolution for many patients.
What Is The Purpose Of The Questionnaire?
- The head health history form lists your pain symptoms and any concerns that need to be addressed by your dentist.
- It also covers your dental history, head pain symptoms and any possible causes behind that pain.
- The more your dentist knows about your dental, head and neck issues, the more likely he or she will be able to help relieve your chronic pain symptoms.
What Is The DTR Treatment?
- DTR treatment involves minute adjustments to the biting surfaces of the teeth. These may involve removing small amounts of tooth structure, dental restorations or adding tooth colored filling material to ballance your bite. DTR also works on the muscles using light therapy, electrical stimulation, muscle manipulation, and ultrasound therapy.
- After treaments, patients follow an at-home continuing care program that includes exercises and wearing an othotic for short peiords of time to provide pain relief.
What Are The Costs Of DTR Treatments?
The cost of DTR treatments depend on your individual assessment. Treatment costs can range from several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Flexible financing options are available to make treatments affordable. Contact our office to schedule a consultation.
Are DTR Treatments Covered By Insurance?
Payment depends on your insurance carrier and policy. We will utilize all of your coverages to make treatments as affordable as possible. We also take all major credit cards and offer the Care Credit card.
Is DTR Right For You?
The DTR approach to headache pain relief corrects imbalanced muscle function without invasive procedures. Many other types of treatments require continued use of oral appliances or invasive procedures. Our goal during treatment is to solve your pain and dysfunction problems without these alternatives. We carefully evaluate each patient to determine whether if they are a good fit for the DTR treatment protocol.
Visit CNOTMJ.com on the following social media sites: